Its 9 am now and I am sitting in my balcony, watching a neighbor walk swiftly, pass my tower in pyjamas to the greengrocer. Back to her apartment straight after that.
Schools have been forcibly shut down across the country and children are home as the COVID-19 pandemic has brought entire nations to a halt. With a nation-wide lock down, our worlds and schedules have been thrown upside down or at least sideways. Parents have been asked to take up the new role-teacher.
Homeschooling is definitely going to be a challenge but it need not be burdensome. Let’s take this time, with our children being home, as a real gift and reinforce their creativity, thinking skill, sensory and hand eye coordination.
Here are some fun, colorful, and creative ideas to keep your child occupied positively in a more channelized learning during this break. The activities are principally aimed at pre-primary aged children (1-3 years old). It’s all based on tried and tested things. There will be no special materials needed. All the materials are available in your home. Click on the link for simple instructions.
- My Caterpillar https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-1-my-caterpillar/
- Hen in my hand https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-2-hen-in-my-hand/
- Fluff my A https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-3-fluff-my-a/
- Sorting colors with pebbles/toys https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-4-sorting-matching-colors-with-pebbles-toys/
- Flutter flutter Butterfly https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-5-flutter-flutter-butterfly/
- Vegetable Painting https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-6-vegetable-painting/
- A very hungry caterpillar https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-7-a-very-hungry-caterpillar/
- Green Day https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-8-green-day/
- Fun with Shapes https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-9-fun-with-shapes/
- I am a Freebird https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-10-i-am-a-freebird/
- Painting with Toy wheels https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-11-painting-with-toy-wheels/
- Creepy Friends in my Jar https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-12-creepy-friends-in-my-jar/
- Cottony Cloud https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-13-cottony-cloud/
- Painting with Ear-bud https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-14-painting-with-ear-bud/
- My Fancy Tree https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-15-my-fancy-tree/
- Matching Clips / Socks https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-16-matching-clips-socks/
- Hunt for Red https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-17-hunt-for-red/
- Collage with Circles https://myviewfromhome.blog/2020/04/07/lockdown-activity-18-collage-with-circles/
This is not all. We have summed up activities for children 3-5 year old as well. A mommy blogger, who also works as RA at a prestigious institution has collaborated with us and given us some good ideas to keep children engaged. She runs https://www.spicesnsecrets.com/2020/04/how-i-engage-kid-during-corona.html . Click to know more.
The comment section is open for further discussion.